Monday, January 28, 2008

Prayed to God for Him to STOP!

I thought my day was going to get a little better when I found out that I would be getting some additional help with my son on the days I wasn't getting RESPITE but then when the lady left that came today, my son was WIRED FOR SOUND. Bouncing off the walls and it was 7:30, by that time he should at the least be calmed down by all the meds he was given and watching his TV and slowly going to sleep but oh no, he was throwing everything, so spitting mad, he was SPITTING LOUDLY, THROWING EVERYTHING IN HIS ROOM. I went up there first calmly, and tried to calm him down, didn't work, he wanted a COOKIE, and because I didn't give in, "he didn't finish his chicken nuggets and green beans" he threw his nuggets across the room, then he threw his Rescue Heroes Station across the room and hit the wall, probably the only one in the house that DOESN'T have a hole in it, OH WELL not now! That's it! I am NOT letting him do this, so I jerked him up and put his little butt on the bed, then I tried to talk to him, and this is what I got!

I got kicked, I got punched, I got spit on, over and over and over! For about 5 minutes, then I decided to put some of my weight on him to help calm him down, oh, then he starts CRYING. and screaming, "GOOD BOY, GOOD BOY, GOOD BOY, BLUE, BLUE, BLUE, COOKIE, COOKIE, COOKIE, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over for at least 20 minutes and I think after that last kick I started praying to GOD for about 15 minutes until his voice got below a certain decible level, I figured I could let him go, he was sweating and his poor little face was red and I was crying. I don't know what else to do. What am I doing wrong, why is he doing this? Am I doing everything I can do for him?

6 comments:

Tiffanie Hage said...

Udenia...do you belong to a support group for parents with children with autism? The advise that parents give you with kids that are similar to yours is probably a LOT different than parents of kids without autism. Our parenting styles HAVE to be different b/c we have children with different sets of needs, understanding, etc...your son doesn't mean to be this way to you, and I know you know that, but I would highly recommend getting some help from other resourses on how to work with your son, what to do when these episodes occur and how to best handle everything. I'm sure there HAS to be resourses out there fore you!!! HUGS, Tiffanie

Colorado Kid said...

I wish i have some type of advise.... I have nothing other than to have you and your son in my thoughts and prays...!!!!

Cas

Udenia said...

I appreciate your prayers, they are always welcomed. Sometimes when he has meltdowns, all you can do is to keep him safe and away from everything, pretty much wrap him up and let him wear himself out. I learned that a long time ago but it isn't fun at all.

Udenia said...

I appreciate your prayers, they are always welcomed. Sometimes when he has meltdowns, all you can do is to keep him safe and away from everything, pretty much wrap him up and let him wear himself out. I learned that a long time ago but it isn't fun at all.

carolakabb said...

I'd also suggest a therapist for you as a support system. This stuff can put you on emotional overload very easily.

Nascar Hottie said...

I wish I had an answer for you too Girl...but please KNOW that you are both in my prayers.

Even though Blake is not autistic..when he was at his "worse" with the drugs/drinking & gang shit--there were times that I LITERALLY had to throw myself on top of him and hold him down with my wieght too.(When all I really wanted to do was kick his ass_sorry if that sounds bad-but its the truth) One night it took over an hour for him to calm down and fall asleep and I was completely DRAINED Physically AND Mentally. Just reading that you had to go thru that brings tears to my eyes--Im so sorry that you hafta feel the pain of that as a mother. There were so many times I would think "How can someone that I love & adore so much-someone I would give my lie for- cause me so much pain & make me so mad...but then I would PRAY & cry and then pray somemore.

And ALWAYS remember...no matter what they do--OUR SONS LOVE US!

Super big hugs~~Dana