Friday, July 13, 2007

Maybe something good happening for us?

Went to the Social Security Office today and I was told that I can apply for $$$ for Cameron since he is Autistic which is technically disabled. He will receive a check every month for a specific amount if I make under $2000 a month and it looks like I will be making under that once I retire from active duty. So I will apply and see what happens, say a little prayer, hopefully this will be the relief we are looking for to be able to relax for awhile! :)-

3 comments:

libby said...

Hi Udenia,

Great to see you posting again. I had been following your progress on BFLtrackers and was rather sad when you stopped. Every-so-often I stop by to see what you're up to. You've been such an inspirationg to me - having a lot of weight to lose it's great to see someone who has actually done it. Sorry to hear of the difficulties you are having due to the move - hope life settles down for you soon.

Libby in Australia

libby said...

Hi Udenia,

It's great to see you posting again. I had been following your progress on BFL tracker and was sorry to see you stop. You've been a big inspiration to me - having a lot of weight to lose it's great seeing someone who has actually done it. Sorry to hear about your problems getting settled - hope things calm down for you and your son soon.

Libby in Australia

havlow said...

I'm glad you got that taken care of. North Carolina has an amazing amount of Autistic Care programs and funding as well. Here in my neck of the woods it's hard to throw a rock and not hit a program or person that is in some way shape or form dedicated to Autism programs or is a one to one peer for children with Autism.