Well it is about time but Cameron has FINALLY got the assist from the State of Hawaii in the area of "PAP" or Personal Assistance Program. What that means is that he is allowed 25 hours of one on one of a personal assistance per week, any way I want it, so I ask for after school! If I can get my work to agree that I can come in late, then I won't need before school care either and I can put him on the bus every morning and just be like a hour late everyday! We will ask that after the new year and after I get closer to retirement! That will save me about $275 dollars a month in daycare and I will put that DIRECTLY in the HOUSE FUND! I am saving towards buying my house later next year, if all possible, if not I will make the decision to stay here another year and let Cameron finish another school year here and I will return home in 2008. I am also authorized for RESPITE, which the state will give me so much $$ a quarter to go and do "ME" stuff, since I don't go anywhere and do anything for myself, like go to the mall, and shop, or just walk around, meet other women and maybe get involved with a support group. Sometimes I feel like I am going at this alone, but I finally feel that I am getting the support that Cameron deserves, I mean it is coming late in my time here in Hawaii, but it is coming, so I am not knocking it!
If I stay in Hawaii another year, I will get a part time job, probably working at the gym, training and will go to school in pursuit of my Master's Degree in Early ChildHood Education, with a Minor in Special Education. I mean, why not! With me retiring from the Navy and I am sure to get some disability with all the injuries and surgeries that I have had in my 22 years, they will PAY for my degree and all my supplies and then give me $600 a month to attend full time. I don't see a down side to that...In turn, my son can still attend the school that he loves, they love him, and now he is getting all the services that he deserves. I will let GOD sort this one out for me! Too much on my brain for me! Oh well! That is it for tonight! Later!
Oh yeah! Retirement ceremony date is 27 April/PunchBowl Cemetary... Be there!
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment