I turn 39 on 12 October and I am not looking forward to it at all.
One reason is that 40 is right behind it! and Then it is all over
for this old bird! I am still SINGLE, don't even have any real prospects.
Some guys are beating around but none that have stepped up to the plate. Too chicken shit to take the plunge! Gee do I have too many chicken shits running around! I got more guts than they do and that sucks. I want someone in my life, I deserve someone in my life and so does Cameron. Especially Cameron! I just don't want to go thru another Holiday Season by myself again! And my Best Friend of 10 years will be moving from the Island in November BEFORE thanksgiving and then I know the shit will hit the fan then! So expect for me to break down! I thought I would post these and try and have a little fun at turning a year older!
YOU KNOW YOU'RE GETTING OLD WHEN
All of your favorite movies are now re-released in color.
At cafeterias, you complain that the gelatin is too tough.
Conversations with people your own age often turn into "dueling ailments."
Everything hurts and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work
In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
It takes a couple of tries to get over a speed bump.
It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.
It takes twice as long to look half as good.
Many of your co-workers were born the same year that you got your last promotion.
No one expects you to run into a burning building.
People call at 9 p.m. and ask, "Did I wake you?"
People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
The clothes you've put away until they come back in style... come back in style.
The little gray-haired lady you help across the street is your wife.
The pharmacist has become you new best friend.
There's nothing left to learn the hard way.
Things you buy now won't wear out.
When getting lucky means you find your car in the parking lot.
When happy hour is a nap
When you are cautioned to slow down by your doctor instead of the police.
When you realize that caution is the only thing you care to exercise.
You and your teeth don't sleep together.
You begin every other sentence with, "Nowadays"
Saturday, October 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Being in a similar situation, I know exactly how you feel. I don't have a little Cameron, but the rest is right there. I've had thoughts that maybe God meant for me (us) to be alone...that maybe there is some purpose for that. But, then I rethink things and I can't see that He wants us to be alone. I just don't think that's true.
Being single at age 38/39 sucks and it gets harder every day to find someone that will suit us. We have gotten confident at being alone and doing things the way WE like it. But, I think we are single, at this point for a reason. I'm glad you can see some humor in it because if we dwell on it too much, it will just get us down!
Keep your chin up, Udenia. NEVER EVER settle for someone who doesn't deserve you. Like I tell my mom all the time, I rather be still single and looking at age 38 than have been married and divorced 1...2...or 3 times!!!
PS: I haven't quite gotten to the point where me and my teeth sleep separately! hahaha
That is some FUNNY SHIT huh!
Post a Comment