Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Today is Autism Awareness Day!

Today is Autism Awareness Day! CNN is running specials all day on this issue and if you would like to share your story please go to Robin Meades Page and there is a link! I posted a comment referring to our struggle with this disorder. I am very proud that FINALLY, it has its time in the News! It is also a shame, because that means more and more children are being diagnosed with some form of Autism. It affects more families than you realize, 1 out of every 150 children and born autistic and 1 out of every 90 boys are diagnosed. It is even more important for us, adults and parents to be healthy so we can give our children a fighting chance at living a normal life! That is what I am doing. I have the best combo, because with God and BFL by my side, I have been able to make it through some of the most difficult times in my life and I continue to be a stronger person and parent for my son, Cameron. Our children are the future and we need to have our bodies and minds as strong as they can be to do our job and leave the strongest legacy that we can so they can survive and thrive! God Bless

No comments: