Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Help me Raise Awareness for Autism!


I want you to
look at this
precious little
boy playing
in the tub as
you read this
story of another
mother's
struggles
with Autism



Autism strikes about 1 in every 166 children. As the mother of
one of them, I feel it's important to draw attention to this nearly
invisible disability. My son was once called "spoiled" during a
meltdown in public, but rather than be angry at the person's rush
to judgment, I would rather educate the many people who don't
recognize autism when they see it. Here you will find Autism
Awareness products, links to books and educational websites, and
tips for making one particular experience easier. I will continue to add
products and links as I find them, and if you know of a good online
resource I've missed, please feel free to e-mail me. 1 in 166 means
there are a lot of people coping with autism. If you're one of them,
I hope you will find this site useful and will help educate others. If
autism hasn't yet touched your life, it most likely will in some way--
in fact, maybe it has already and you didn't even realize it. Maybe
that quiet girl who wouldn't look you in the eye was more than
simply shy; maybe that screaming boy wasn't really spoiled after all.
Maybe it was autism.

http://www.autismgear.com/index.html

No comments: